Dear participants of the 5th Ministerial Conference on Environment and Health in Parma 10-12 March 2010,
HEAL and WHO CEHAPE Youth Network is pleased to invite you to the Symposium "Youth Participation in CEHAPE RPGs in countries". Please read the information below. We look forward to meet you there.
Symposium organized by
Health and Environment Alliance (HEAL) and the WHO CEHAPE Youth Network
Youth Participation in CEHAPE RPGs in countries
Wednesday, March 10, 10:30-12:00
The side event aims to highlight how youth have been involved in children’s environmental health issues and CEHAPE implementation throughout the WHO European Region. The organisers will briefly present their contribution, the development of the WHO CEHAPE Youth Network, and HEAL’s educational and advocacy materials for young people.
A series of lively presentations and videos from young people across the region will showcase concrete examples of how youth can significantly contribute to awareness raising and action on environment and health at local and national level.
Genon K. Jensen, Health and Environment Alliance (HEAL) Executive Director
Jovana Dodos, CEHAPE International Youth Delegate
· Olivia Heller (Switzerland) from European Child Alliance, who will have presentation about “Youth on injury prevention – how do we make a difference”
· Lydia Etzlstorfer (Austria) who will have 7 minutes movie about CEHAPE projects in Austria by youth - highlighting the best priorities on 4 RPGs.
· Gulnara Zhenishbekova (Kyrgystan) who will prepare presentation about Youth Parliaments Work on environment and health issues in Kyrgystan behalf of "Central Asian Alliance for Water" and "Youth Independent Republics"
· Alexandros Karyolaimos (Greece) who will present the CEHAPE Pilot project “Healthy schools” (experience from Greece)
· Jovana Dodos (Serbia) who will present work with National Focal Points - youth involvement in creating national CEHAPE projects
· Martin Rieussec (France) from the Appel de Jeunnesse will present their school and university project on environment and health .
GENERAL DISCUSSION - PANEL WITH ALL THE SPEAKERS