Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Jovana Dodos, my history of involvement in the CEHAPE

My name is Jovana Dodos and I am a member of Government committee for establishing Children Environment and Health Action Plan in Republic of Serbia since May 2008. I was Serbian Youth Delegate on United Nations Youth Assembly „Global Road Safety” in Geneva in 2007. where I became a youth ambassador in UN. After that I have shown great results in implementation of Youth Declaration for Road Safety in my country and I was invited to join CEHAPE team. Since then I am in charged with duties of Secretary for Regional Priority Goal 2 on accidents, injuries and improvement of physical activity of children. I also work as an assistant for road safety campaign. In summer 2008 my job was to organize a Youth preparatory meeting for the Fifth Ministerial Conference on Environment and Health in Serbia and I got an excellent opportunity to join CEHAPE International Youth Network. I became CEHAPE International Youth Representative and from that period I took a part in different kinds of conferences and youth meeting related with Environment and Health issue on European level. I am highly motivated to continue with my present work and I hope I will have much more opportunities to collaborate with WHO in future. Nowadays Environmental issues are one of the most important things to consider, and I want to play an active role in finding appropriate solutions for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment